Saturday, August 13, 2011

Repairing a shed

One of my most coveted back yard items is my shed, a white-pine, tongue-and-groove structure that is my savior when it comes to storage and keeping a few cold beers.
But last year I found some rotted areas on the two front doors, and I've been struggling to find replacement lumber for repairs.
The T-and-G pine is 1-by-8, and for the longest time all I could find was 1-by-6 pieces.
Luckily, I contacted the Long Island Woodworkers and they reminded me to check Riverhead Lumber.
Of course. This EXCELLENT building supply outlet generally has what I've needed over the years, so I made a call, ordered the wood and -- PRESTO -- my repairs were made with relative ease.
Oh, and I cut away the rotted pieces in order to save the older lumber for emergencies ...

No comments:

Post a Comment